Yesterday was finally the BIG DAY, potty training day. I have been so excited about this day and the more we talked about it, the more excited Annika became. I read the book Toilet training in less than a day by Nathan H. Azrin and I was sceptical. But then I started talking to family and friends and EVERYONE had read the book and potty trained this way and had success. So, it was my turn.
***
(Annika in her first pair of underwear.)
Friday morning we woke up, ate breakfast, then at 9:00am the potty training began. It is pretty intense at first because you're asking the child every 5 minutes to feel their pants. If they are dry they get a treat and a drink. Then every 15 minutes you have them sit on the potty for 10 minutes. This was the hard part because Annika doesn't sit still...ever. Once we incorporated a book she did fine. She peed on the potty immediately the first 2 times we tried it, then had an accident around 10:00. When they have an accident you have them "practice" pottying themselves 10 times quickly. Annika didn't like this and threw a tantrum the whole time. I stuck to it and helped her walk to different spots in the house, check her pants, told her "Mama doesn't like wet pants", then told her she needed to practice quickly and helped her get to the potty and do each step of pottying. It was tiring but by noon she had already pottyed herself 3 times which means she's potty trained! Yay!!
***
(Annika enjoying her drink and treat.)
She will probably still have a few accidents over the next few days but that, to me, is totally worth it...NO MORE DIAPERS! HOORAY!!
***
Look at our big girl!

1 comment:
How cute, where did she get the reading while peeing thing? She is one good multi-tasker.
Post a Comment